Tuesday 25 May 2010

Hollywood Babble On & On #518: DISNEY, THIS IS NOT HOW YOU PLAY HARDBALL....

Welcome to the show folks...

I thought Disney's "concerns" over the deal to sell moribund Miramax to the Weinsteins via their money-buddy Ron Burkle was just an attempt to squeeze some more money, but it looks like they were serious, and the deal is off.

Personally, I think this is a mistake on Disney's part.
I know they want more money for the company, but they're not going to get a better offer than 625,000,000 Burkle-bux. This is especially true if the other potential bidders follow my advice and stay away to force Disney to sell to the Weinstein/Burkle partnership in order to feast upon its corporate entrails when it inevitably tears itself apart.

They should have just taken what they were offered, it was still more than what the experts value the library and the name, and like I said, if the others follow my advice they shouldn't offer anything better. If that happens then the Weinsteins may try to low-ball the next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment