Wednesday 27 January 2010

Hollywood Babble On & On #441: From The Fevered Snakepit of My Brain!

Welcome to the show folks...

A LITTLE PERSONAL NOTE

Today I made my last payment on my student loan.

Huzzah!

My degree is finally 100% mine.

Now maybe it might be worth something.

Anyway, you don't want to read about me, you want to read me ragging on people way richer than I am, so away we go...

LENOPRAH

Jay Leno will be sitting down with Oprah Winfrey to tell his side of the whole NBC late night debacle. It will be followed by a visit to Dr. Oz, who will retrieve Jay's nuts from the jar in Jeff Zucker's office, and try to reattach them, and attempt a dangerous integrity implant.

A FAMILY GUY GUILD AWARDS

Family Guy creator Seth McFarlane will host the Writer's Guild of America (West) awards this year.

His monologue will consist entirely of him saying: "You know this reminds me of the time..." and then someone will act out a lame visual gag involving Kathy Griffin farting.

WEINSTEINS WANT THEIR BABY BACK

And I'm not talking about baby back ribs. Though I can understand someone wanting to get their hands on some slow smoked baby back ribs...hmmmmm.....drool....
Oh, sorry, where was I?

Right! The Weinstein Co. wants to spend some other people's money buying back the name of their first company Miramax from Disney. Right now
old Miramax is as moribund as a dodo, and TWC thinks it could bring back some of the old 90s magic to their beleaguered money pit.

I for one think it would be the corporate equivalent of painting the porch on a haunted house.

However, who am I to judge?

Oh, right, I'm an obnoxious internet know it all!

I judge everything!

1 comment:

  1. D! I thought you were above such cheesecake but then I come to your site and find succulent, wet ribs glazed lustfully all over your front page??? For shame, sir!

    ReplyDelete