Monday 7 March 2011

I Think I Was Visited By The Ghost Of Stanley Kubrick

Welcome to the show folks...

I have to tell you about this absolutely weird coincidence. I didn't know that today was the 12th anniversary of the death of director Stanley Kubrick. I went out to get my hair cut, and was walking home when I stopped at a discount store on the way. This store isn't much different from any other discount retailer except it has an eclectic DVD rack. This rack doesn't have the usual box office bombs filling space like at a Wal-Mart, but instead has a mix of cult films and old classics at serious discount prices.

Today, on the 12th anniversary of Stanley
Kubrick's death, I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey, and A Clockwork Orange, deluxe edition DVDs selling for 2 for $10. With tax, it came out to just a bit under $12.

I came home, checked my Twitter, saw that Stanley Kubrick was trending, and then realized that it was the anniversary of his death.

SPOOKY!

No comments:

Post a Comment