Wednesday 1 June 2011

Hollywood Babble On & On #736: Midweek Miscellanea

THOSE WACKY WEINSTEINS

The Weinstein Co.'s "found footage" horror film Apollo 18 has had its release bumped back, for the FIFTH TIME.

I don't know why I'm writing about this. This is business as usual for the Weinstein Company. What would be news is if they actually released one of their movies on the original date they set for it.

Then I'd be surprised.

SPEAKING OF RELEASE DATES

The two
Hobbit movies have release dates and titles. The titles will be The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There & Back Again.

I'm a little pissed off.

You see I submitted titles for the movies, and those bastards rejected them. I mean, what the hell is wrong with
Bad Hobbits, and A Hard Hobbit To Break?

Bastards.

OH JAY, YOU PINCHING BASTARD

Some folks are accusing
The Tonight Show's Jay Leno of stealing a joke from Fox News' late night chatter-show Red Eye's "ombudsman" Andy Levy. Levy joked that a court's order to California to release convicts because of overcrowding was going to do wonders for ticket sales for the Oakland Raiders.

Two days later, that same joke pops up on
The Tonight Show.

Now I could claim that this is just a coincidence, minds thinking a like, but it did happen to me.

A few years ago a guy threw a shoe at then President George W. Bush during a press conference. I wrote a joke about the shoe-thrower getting his own show on MSNBC. I sold it to a comedian in Los Angeles for $50. Said comedian used said joke in an internet video, then two nights later-- POW-- I'm told that the same joke was in the opening monologue of
The Tonight Show.

...I'm not going to accuse anyone of anything....
... It was an obvious kind of joke but.....
...One can't help but feel a little bit suspicious about the whole thing.

SAY WHA?

The Wrap is reporting that Relativity Media honcho Ryan Kavanaugh is looking to sell the minority stake owned by Elliot Associates to a consortium led by JP Morgan.


Only Nikki Finke's Deadline: Hollywood is saying that Elliot Associates are not selling and that Kavanaugh is nuttier than a squirrel turd for telling people that he is trying without their consent.

This only furthers my belief that things in the business side of Hollywood need to be simplified. When everything is simple and out in the open, you don't have situations like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment