Thursday 2 February 2012

Hollywood Babble On & On #846: Oscar's Home Needs A Name!

Kodak has gone bankrupt.

That's right, the once all powerful manufacturer of almost all things related to photography and film-making is officially tits-up.  

Going bankrupt also means that they are asking to get their name taken off the Kodak Theater the home of the annual Academy Awards, because they can no longer afford the cost of the naming rights.

That got me thinking, and I've put together a few suggestions for a new sponsor and a new name for the theater.  Here are my suggestions...
 Hmmmmm.... probably not going to happen.
This is the most fitting new name for the theater.  It fits the demographic of Academy voters and people who still think the Oscars are relevant.  Plus, the rather batty logic behind some of the nominations tends to piss a lot of people off.
This is also sort of appropriate, since my experience with tacos and Oscar acceptance speeches make my digestive system feel the same way.

Those are my suggestions, tell me yours....

1 comment:

  1. This is Rainforest Giant but Google is not letting me log in. I am not sure why.

    Anyhoo, let's go with Che Guevara Memorial Theatre. It nicely fits with the sympathies of the majority of the academy.

    ReplyDelete