Thursday 3 May 2012

Hollywood Babble On & On #893: SNARK ATTACK!

What a week. Yesterday I was blog-blocked, and today my computer had to be fixed, so I'm running way behind, so instead of my usual in depth analysis I'm just going to snark at random little stories...

Former Disney chieftain Michael Eisner is looking for $800 million to finance the start of a new TV and film production company.  He's promising to exactly what he did when he was in charge at Disney.  He's going to have a great start from the hard work and good ideas of the people below him, then he's going to drive them all away, make increasingly poor decisions, and eventually be ousted by his own investors.

Michael Bay has sold a pitch for a new TV series about pirates that will be a prequel to Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island.

Personally I'm a little leery about shows that are "prequels" to preexisting and well known material, I mean, you already know how it's going to end.

Oh well, at least some shit's gonna blow up real good!

Discovery Communications has agreed to buy internet video provider Revision 3.  I don't know much about the new media landscape, but this is bound to be a better investment than the Oprah Winfrey Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment