Sunday 3 March 2013

Trailer Trashing: Robosapien

There's been a lot of talk lately about movies causing real world violence, and all my life I've thought it was a load of hooey.

Then I saw the trailer for Robosapien.

Now I'm convinced that certain films can inspire real world violence. In fact, I dare you to watch this trailer and not have the urge to hurt someone...


Did you watch it?

Do you have the urge to kick someone in the crotch with a frozen steel toed mukluk?

Because if you say that you don't, you're a dirty, filthy, excrescent liar.

That trailer is a veritable cornucopia of shit. It's is a parade of bad movie cliches that were hackneyed and old when I was a child, and that was about two days after the Earth cooled. It even fails as a self-parody, because parodying those cliches has become hackneyed, old, and extremely unfunny.

The trailer makes a lot of the fact that it's produced by Avi Arad, the former owner of Marvel Comics, and it loves to trumpet the fact that he has a producing credit on various Marvel movies.

After this movie his name should be removed from the credits of those movies out of shame.

I don't want to know how much money and time was wasted making this movie. Any amount of money would make me weep, because it could have been spent doing something slightly less malignant, like doing bio-weapons experiments on war orphans.

I guess you could say that the trailer did its job. It's summarized the movie perfectly, telling everyone that this film is a black hole of suck so they don't waste any real time watching the actual movie.

1 comment:

  1. Saw this before when it was called MAC AND ME. Trailer was so bad that I could not bare finishing watching it.

    ReplyDelete