Thursday 14 November 2013

Hollywood Babble On & On #1088: Remakes Coming Out Of Hollywood's Collective Ass!

Look at this partial list of remakes, rehashes, reboots, re-imaginings and regurgitations that are in development….


All I can say is: Why?

Are people just too overwhelmed with fond memories of Hook and clamouring for more?


I'm going to predict exactly how it will go.

It'll start with bitching scary pilot episode that will attract a lot of interest from writers and filmmakers looking to experiment in short-form horror. 

The CW network will balk at allowing such independent thinking types any independence, or pay their rates, and will pass on them and hire the usual hacks who were fired from last season's failed sitcoms, and it'll be cancelled by mid-season.


Please let that Ghost rest in peace. Even fans of the movie probably wouldn't want to see a version sans the late Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore.

Even the BBC is getting into the remake biz, commissioning a series based on Dangerous Liaisons, but are hiring Christopher Hampton, who first adapted the novel into first a Tony nominated play, and then an Oscar winning film, to do it. Which tells me that there are things to the source material that he thinks he can expand on.

That's what I think. Let me know what you think in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. What is the process by which Hollywood picks these things? A dartboard?

    Peter Pan I can sort of get because he's the big villain in season 3 of ABC's hit (I mean I assume it's a hit, it now has 3 seasons & a spin off) Once Upon a Time and I know several comics and other fictions have been re-imaging Peter Pan where Pan is the villain but I didn't think it was enough to warrant 3 movies. Is that the source? Something else?

    Really, by now the malevolent and conscious entity Jabootu putting forth his best effort at trolling us makes the MOST sense on how all this is coming about.

    ReplyDelete