Wednesday 18 July 2007

Chapter 25

6 DEGREES OF DECAPITATION
an ongoing blog-based abuse of the art of fiction
CHAPTER 25: COUNTDOWN TO DOOM!
by guest writer
JOEL SURNOW
(creator of TV's 24)

INTRO--

THE FOLLOWING TAKES PLACE
BETWEEN THE HOURS OF
6:00 AM & 7:00 AM


EXT. SEASIDE CLIFF --DAY (SUNRISE)


Furious D sees a large helicopter approach with a GOON hanging out the side door brandishing an assault rifle and aims it at Furious D.

Bullets zip past Furious D who nimbly dodges the shots and dives behind a rock for cover.

FURIOUS D
What the hell is happening? I thought this was a novel, why are we in screenplay format?

SURNOW (OS)
Oh, yeah, I'm not much of a novelist, so I went to a format I'm good at.

FURIOUS D
Won't it confuse my readers?

SURNOW(OS)
I'm sure both of them are plenty confused by the dog's breakfast of a plot you've been using. What the hell is with the golden budgie?
More shots ring off the rock.
FURIOUS D
Forget that, what about the chopper?

SURNOW (OS)
How about a crazy, over the top stunt?

FURIOUS D
Fine by me.
Furious D rises from behind the rock, his pistol in his hand.

Bullets fly around him, but he stays steely calm.

He aims and fires.

The chopper's PILOT develops a bullet hole right in the center of his head.

The chopper pilot slumps over the controls and the helicopter slips below the edge of the cliff.
FURIOUS D
Now's my chance!
Furious D charges to the edge of the cliff.

FURIOUS D
I have to time this just right!
Furious D leaps off the clip.

The helicopter hovers beneath Furious D, it's deadly blades spinning very deadly!

Furious D falls toward the helicopter, slips between the spinning blades and lands expertly on the roof of the helicopter.

INT. HELICOPTER --CONTINUOUS

The Goon with the gun is pulling the dead pilot off the controls of the chopper.

Then the side door opens behind him.

It's Furious D.
FURIOUS D
Howdy there. Looks like you need a hand.
POW!

Furious D punches the Goon who stumbles out the other door of the helicopter and plunges to his death.
FURIOUS D
Sorry, that wasn't a hand, that was a fist.
INT. BACK OF VAN --MOMENTS LATER

GiGi, Playful1, and Chompy T. Badger are tied up in the back of the van.
GIGI
I think we're really doomed this time.

PLAYFUL1
If Furious D really is dead, then why is this story going on?

SURNOW(OS)
No guessing what's coming!

GIGI
So he is still alive!
THUMP!
PLAYFUL1
That sounds like a chopper landing on the roof!
The van skids to a halt. There are some gunshots outside.

The back door opens and the girls, and the badger see Furious D.

FURIOUS D
It's me, Furious D!

GIGI
Of course it's you. It's either you, or Keifer Sutherland really let himself go.

FURIOUS D
Hey! Surnow! Cut the editorials! Where's LaFarge & Saccharine?

PLAYFUL1
They must have left in another van.

FURIOUS D
I left one of their goons alive. Time for the torture scene!

GIGI
Can I come, I'm a bit of a sadist.

FURIOUS D
We can all come!
EXT. COUNTRY ROAD --MOMENTS LATER

A WOUNDED GOON is trying to crawl away from the van.

Furious D and the others come up behind him and the girls pin the Wounded Goon to the ground.
FURIOUS D
You are going to talk. You have no control over that. What you can control, is how bad this is going to hurt.

WOUNDED GOON
I will never talk!
Furious D takes out a manila envelope.
FURIOUS D
Inside this picture are naked pictures of Michael Moore. If you don't tell me what I want to know, I will take them out and make you look at them.

WOUNDED GOON
You're a freaking sadist!

FURIOUS D
Tell me what I need to know!

WOUNDED GOON
Then tell me what you need to know!

FURIOUS D
Where are LaFarge and Saccharine?
Furious D opens the envelope.
WOUNDED GOON
I'll talk! I'll talk!

EXT. COUNTRY ROAD --LATER

Two more helicopters arrive, they have the CTU logo and disgorge a platoon of black uniformed commandos who take the Wounded Goon prisoner and load him into the first chapter. CTU AGENT TRAITOR comes out of the second chopper.

AGENT TRAITOR
I'm CTU agent Traitor. I'm to take all of you back to CTU HQ, PDQ.

FURIOUS D
I like the sound of your jargon. And your name inspires trust. Let's go.
INT. TRAITOR'S CHOPPER --MOMENTS LATER

Our heroes strap themselves into the back seat of the chopper and Traitor takes the pilot's seat. The chopper takes off and flies into the air.

Furious D's phone rings.

FURIOUS D
(to phone)
Hello. Morty's Morgue, you stab'em we slab'em.


SPLIT SCREEN- FURIOUS D IN CHOPPER / CHLOE'S DESK AT CTU HQ
CHLOE
It's me, the geeky, but strangely hot Chloe. I have to tell you something. Special Agent Traitor, is a real traitor.

FURIOUS D
Bugger.


TO BE CONTINUED:

No comments:

Post a Comment