Monday 27 July 2009

A Musical Moment...

I was having lunch with Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, or "Andy" as we call him at the club, and I told him about Ben Silverman's exit from NBC. He was inspired and wrote the following song for a whole new show about Silverman's work and career called "Silvita."

I hope you enjoy this sneak preview of what's destined to be a Broadway classic.

Don't Cry For Me NBC (from Silvita) :

My show's were cheesy
My decisions strange
When I try to explain how I feel
That I still need your love
After all that I've done
You won't believe me
All you will see
Is the boy you once knew
Although he's dressd up to the nines
And turned NBC into poo

I had to let it happen
I couldn't change
Couldn't really take the wheel
Looking out of the window
Working instead of fun
So I chose freedom
Running around trying everything new
But none of my shows impressed you at all
I even expected them too

Don't cry for me NBC
The truth is I should have left sooner
All through my wild days
My complete indifference
I blew my promise
To go the distance

And as for fortune and as for fame
I preferred them more than work
Though it seemed to the world
That I acted a jerk
I had grand delusions
And no real solutions
To be a network killer
The answer was getting the hell out
And ruin things for Barry Diller

Don't cry for me NBC
The truth is I should've left you sooner
I'd disappear for days
Forgot your existence
I blew my promise
At every instance

I always say too much?
And all the bullshit I'd say to you
But all you have to do
Is look at Zucker to know
That NBC is still screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment