Sunday 7 February 2010

Things I Learned From Twitter

Welcome to the show folks...

I've been a member of Twitter for a few weeks now and I've learned a few things.

1. No matter how successful or famous a person can be in their chosen field, they can still spend a Saturday night exchanging 140 character bon mots with total strangers over the internet, while in their underwear, or in my case, silk pajamas and matching smoking jacket surrounded by my seraglio of shapely servant girls.

2. Even great writers are prone to making teh occasional typo, but not me.

3. Some folks Twitter about things that folks really don't need to know about.

4. Roger Ebert hates people who disagree with him about politics. I mean he HATES them, and spends more time posting hissy fits about them than talking about movies.

5. Some people can say a lot with 140 characters, but most don't.


6. A lot of people like to post Tweets that have no meaning because they think obscure non sequiturs make they seem cool and mysterious.

7. Posting obscure non sequiturs do
not make a person seem cool, or mysterious.

8. Among my "followers" include companies that I haven't said a single nice thing about. It's a good thing such menial tasks as following tweets are done by poor pathetic junior assistants who don't really care what's being said about their employers.

9. If I don't get more followers than David Letterman within 7 months NBC is going to replace me with Jay Leno, and Letterman isn't even on Twitter!

10. Twitter allows people to find out just how obnoxious I really am without having to take the time to read my blog. It's a marvel of efficiency.

3 comments:

  1. 4. Roger Ebert hates people who disagree with him about politics. I mean he HATES them, and spends more time posting hissy fits about them than talking about movies.

    Oh do tell us this story D. Or give us the source.

    (btw, love the pic of O'Reilly yelling at you, well you soon be yelling at Jon Stewart?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anywhere between 50-75% of Ebert's tweets are mini-rants about "tea-baggers," Sarah Palin, and how he's "normal," and anyone who disagrees with him isn't.

    Just find Roger Ebert's official Twitter account, and it's pretty self obvious.

    As for the O'Reilly pic, I stumbled upon it on a web-site, and figured I'd leech off the fame of others. But I don't think I'll be appearing on TV anytime soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to cut Ebert some slack. I've noticed that people get heavy into politics when their lives suck. Elbert's life sucks right now.

    ReplyDelete